1. My family is weird, crazy and far from perfect but we love each other and we make it work!
2. Everyone needs an Aunt Betty. See, Aunt Betty is a crafting genius and has coined "craft time" as a family tradition. Yesterday, the kids (and some of the adults!) made these:
3. Great Scott, I need to go on a diet.
4. I'm so glad our family does Mexican food instead of the traditional dinner. See I told you we are weird!
5. Oh crap, now I have to take the tree down and put it away.
6. I don't ever want to not shop for gifts for my kids again! I had no idea how much I would miss watching them open their gifts.
7. In all of our blessings, abundance of food and warmth of our homes, I thought of those who didn't have all those things, the soldiers far from their families and those who have never considered the significance of Christmas and I felt sad.
8. In addition to #7, I felt an extreme level of thankfulness wash over me.
9. I missed my dad. I haven't seen him in over 11 years. He lives all the way across the country.
10. Wow, it came and went so quickly!
Here they are with their "stockings" and a gift from Nana.
Hope you all had a very Merry and blessed Christmas and enjoyed this installment of "Deep Thoughts."