Monday, August 20, 2012

My Birthday Girl

Note - this was supposed to be published yesterday...fail.  Just pretend it was posted yesterday!
Dear SisterLu –
                Today, you are turning five.  FIVE!  How did this happen?  It was just a few months ago that you were a little baby sleeping peacefully on the couch with your brother lying right next to you keeping constant watch.  I can’t believe how fast time has flown.  You are such a blessing to me and your dad even though you might possibly have the sassiest mouth I have ever heard on a 5 year old child!  In the past 5 short years we have already created so many memories.  Here is some of my favorite (some of these will probably be the ones that you will want to kill me for later in life!):
1.       I remember the day we brought you home.  It was 110 degrees outside!  It was also the only day you rode peacefully in the car.  You cried from point A to point B during every car ride thereafter and your poor brother would say “mom, please do something!”
2.       Potty training was quite the adventure.  You did not use the potty unless you wanted to.  I remember the first time you wanted to wear big girl panties.  It was the day of a birthday party at McDonald’s and the whole potty training thing just wasn’t going that great.  I decided, against my better judgment, to let you wear your panties and you know what?  NO ACCIDENTS! 
3.        The time that we had friends over and we were sitting in a circle watching you, Brother Bear and your friends swim and you came flying out of the pool, pulled off your swimsuit and squatted and peed right in front of everyone!
4.       Your first best friend was (is) your babysitter’s granddaughter.  You guys call each other sisters.
5.       Your first day of preschool was so hard for me because I wasn’t ready for you to be a big girl.  Your backpack was as big as you were and you were so excited.  Now, you are only a year away from Kindergarten – gasp!
6.       I just love when you get mixed up on the names of things; it’s so innocent.  Here are some of the funniest – beef turkey (beef jerky), Wet Burger (Whataburger), Woodpeckers (Fudpuckers), Milk N Shake (Steak N Shake) and amblience (ambulance).
7.       Your love for Justin Bieber.  I thought it would be a passing phase.  Well, we are going on a three year relationship now with no end in sight!
I could go on all day with the wonderful memories we have created with you.  You are such a joy to watch grow and change.  You are definitely your own person and have a very strong personality.  You are sassy, sweet, girly, tomboyish and beautiful (you take after me!).  You are very busy and never want to sit still for too long.  If we are at home for any amount of time you are ready to go do something, anything to get out of the house!  Even though you and Brother Bear fight constantly, you really do love him!  You like to sleep in his room in “the tent” and pretend like you are camping.  I love you more than you will ever know and I am so proud of you.  I pray every day for your safety, happiness and most important your salvation.  Happy Birthday Lulu! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep it PG around here!