Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014: Day One

Well the first day of 2014 has come and gone.  Today started out with a terrible hangover headache.  That prescription cough syrup I shot right before bed really knocked me flat!  Last night was a wild night filled with pocket change poker, Cranium, multiple bottles of water and a persistent cough.  Hence the cough syrup!  It was nothing a little coffee couldn't fix though.

This morning started my usual, "I'm going to begin a healthier lifestyle" goal so breakfast was whole grain oatmeal laced with flaxseed.  I followed it up with turkey on wheat for lunch...and leftover chips and dip annnndddd not one chocolate chip cookie, but two.  Well, there's always tomorrow!

So today, we did what most people do on New Years. We hauled a truckload of wood.  It wasn't all work though.  We did build a fire pit down by the creek in anticipation for the first weekend warm enough to pitch a tent and camp.  Wait, on second thought, it was all work!  This apprentice driver took us and our load of wood home:


We start em out young here on the farm. Me and the boy were worried about our safety:


Excuse the leftover makeup from aforementioned NYE party that I didn't wash off!  Obviously, I lived to tell about girl child's driving practice as here I am sharing it with you all!!

Seriously though, 2013 was a great year. Our business grew more than it ever has, I quit my job to spend more time with the kids, we are healthy and blessed beyond anything we could ever deserve.  Hope you all have a wonderful 2014!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

8 comments:

  1. haha glad you lived to tell the tale. Camping already, geez still some snow before that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already ate up with camping fever! Next 50 degree weekend we get and the tent is going up!

      Delete
  2. I don't know about 50 degree weekends, but we got a below zero week coming...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I think we have one of those in the forecast too!

      Delete
  3. :) You are a brave one. I am still hesitant to give the 13 year old the keys to start the car so it can warm up in the morning. *sigh* baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thought of either kid actually getting into a vehicle and driving off on their own is enough to make me want to vomit!

      Delete
  4. Love these pictures! I hope 2014 continues to be great and healthy. P.S. it was only 2 cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well I failed to mention the thin mints I ate later that night!

      Delete

Let's keep it PG around here!