Dear Brother Bear,
Today, you are 8 years old and when we sang Happy Birthday to you in the car this morning I got tears in my eyes because you are growing up so fast! It won’t be long and you will be as tall as I am. We had your birthday Saturday and all of your friends came and it was such a great party. I am so proud of you. You are such a handsome young man with a kind heart. You and your sister couldn’t be any more different. You are way more reserved than she is which means, you are sneakier! You have done so well this year at your new school. You have only got your name on the board a couple times and your grades are good. Your teacher even said you are a joy to have in class! You enjoy reading the Bible by yourself and listening to me read it to you. You always say your prayers at night when we pray together as a family. You are about to start basketball at the youth center and I cannot wait to watch you play. You are really starting to like basketball which warms your dad’s athletic heart! You are already talking about what kind of cell phone you want when we allow you to have one and you have even told us what kind of truck you want when you turn 16 (SLOW down bucko!). I hope you enjoy your childhood and don’t try to grow up too fast. It’s already going too fast for me. Everyone told me when I was pregnant with you not to blink because I would miss something and they were right. I have enjoyed watching you grow and change over the past 8 years and while it makes me sad that you are already 8, I know I will continue to enjoy watching you over the years to come! Until then, here are some things that come to mind when I think about the years that have flow by:
· You HATED the full size swing, but you loved the portable one. I loved watching you sleep so peacefully in it.
· You pooped on Nana in Wal-Mart when you were just a few months old. She hid in the bathroom with you while I went and bought her a new shirt.
· When you were about 6 months old your dad decided to let you taste a lemon from his water. You made the worst little sour face I had ever seen and your dad barely made it out of the restaurant alive!
· The first time we took you on vacation was to Panama City Beach and you love the sand so much we couldn’t make you take a nap during the day!
· Last year was the first year you played basketball. I just loved watching you improve with every game. You did push another boy down and admittedly, I laughed, but then explained why you can’t do that!
A lot has happened in 8 years! So much that I can’t list everything because there’s just not enough time or room in this one post. I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday and let you know how truly blessed dad and I are to have a son like you! I love you from the bottom of my heart.